Friday, July 1, 2011

Looking Up by William B. Tomanek

My #1 Underwater Picture
This picture was taken in one of the many SCUBA diving springs in Florida. This dive spring is called the “Blue Grotto” and is visited by SCUBA divers from around the world.
As I was ascending upon the completion of our dive, this distorted image of the shoreline caught my attention. So while I was waiting for the other divers to get out of the water, I lay back and snapped a few pictures. This is not an easy task. Flipped upside down and looking up, I had to hold my breath to keep all my bubbles from getting in the way. Then while holding my breath and flipped upside down, I had a tendency to sink. 

This is what I saw, and this is what I shot.

 View the LARGE VERSION of this picture. Press here: "Looking Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment